Dilapidations & Project Works - Gosforth Business Park
Our Building Consultancy team recently successfully completed a dilapidations settlement at A7 Gosforth Business Park on behalf of landlord, Millstone Properties.
The premises comprise of a semi-detached self-contained office accommodation which spanned across two floors and in total measured approximately 3,600 sq.ft.
The property is located in a modern business park to the north of the city centre and the surrounding properties are multiple uses of office blocks and warehouse space. As a result of the tenant deciding to vacate the premises upon expiry of the lease, there was a need to determine the tenant’s dilapidations responsibility under the terms of the lease and to arrange for the premises to be returned to a lettable condition.
Our role included:
• Agreement of client instructions
• Reviewing the lease to determine the outgoing tenants liabilities upon vacation
• Internal and external inspections of the property to attain the condition of the internal office accommodations and the external building envelope
• Preparation of the schedule of dilapidations
• Negotiation of the final settlement with the outgoing tenant
Additionally, our Building Consultancy team were instructed to undertake the dilapidations works following the successful agreement of the final settlement, to bring the building into good condition ahead of marketing and re-letting by our Office Agency department.
The specification for the works included:
• Stripping out of the existing office fit out to include; partition walls, kitchenette, carpets and damaged sections of ceiling tiles internally
• Renewal of defective roof seals and capping’s
• Remedial works to external masonry
• High grade carpets within the offices
• Complete redecoration of the internal demise
• Installation of new kitchenette
• Installation of new air-conditioning system to both floors
The project was successfully completed on time and within budget with the total cost of the works being in the region of £33,000. Following the works, the unit has been successfully let by our Office Agency team.