Team Valley Business Centre refurbishment project
Naylors’ building consultancy team were instructed to undertake a £600,000 refurbishment of Team Valley Business Centre on behalf of UK Land Estates
- The refurbishment of a 42,000 sq.ft redundant Business Centre, providing industrial and office space, in order to allow the building to be returned to full occupation.
- The premises comprise a large steel frame property with external profiled cladding and brickwork.
- The client did not have a defined design brief at the outset of the project, however works were required to commence in a short time frame due to financial and operational pressures
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
Naylors were appointed to….
- Act as lead project manager/contract administrator in managing the project and administrating the building contract.
- Act as lead designer to develop tender documentation and obtain competitive tenders.
- Act as the CDM Co-ordinator including reviewing the contractor’s construction phase health and safety documentation and programme.
- Liaise with various members of the design team including mechanical and electrical consultants and structural engineers, in order to adopt a design brief and ultimately a final design that suited the client’s aesthetic and
- Assist the client in forming a plan of action to allow phased release and therefore occupation of the building throughout the works, by structuring the building works into a phased programme confining them to specific sections of the building at any one time, thus limiting disruption and allowing completion.
- Assist in developing and implementing an individual reporting and monitoring procedure throughout the works due the client’s specific requirements.
- Assist in specifying various supplementary works packages during the main contracted works.
- Attend regular design team, finance and contractor meetings in order to ensure that the design evolved in a manageable manner, kept the contractor informed of any design changes requiring to be implemented on
site, maintaining the project budget.
- Issue contract instructions in a timely manner in order to instruct the contractor of all design changes.PROJECT RESULTS
- The tenant has taken occupation of the building following completion of the works.
- The regular meetings allowed further client involvement and due to the nature of the scheme, this allowed development of the design to improve the design/ layout further during the phases.
- The completed scheme improved what was a redundant facility with a tenant taking occupation , managing the property.